Saturday 20 November 2010

The Show!


Wow! What a night it was! We had rehearsals Monday and Tuesday night, and then were in the theatre all day on Wednesday in preparation for Wednesday night! My goodness, it was so much fun, never have I seen so many beautiful and talented girls in one place at one time!
Top model Alex Leigh hosted the show, (she is stunning by the way!) and then the dancing and singing extravaganza began... (all the while backstage we are all franticly changing costumes, removing lipstick smudges from our faces and keeping a smile intact the whole while) Miss Bettie Dean was sexy as ever, I was gutted that I missed Karina Grigorievas contortionist act, as everyone said she was amazing, I did get to see the fantastic Ailona Lukiyanovas hula hoop act, I would love to be able to do what she does! All the singers were wonderful, and I wholeheartedly loved being one of the "Miss Betties" So much fun, and from a budget of nothing but generosity, we raised £350 for Domestic Violence Victim Support. Next time we hope to raise even more (there will be a next time!)
Needless to say the next day I was absolutely exhausted!!! And ended up spending most of the day nearly asleep! In the evening I did go to another charity event organised my friend Sara for Sheffield Mind. A comedy night, which had me giggling rather a lot! I hope they raised a lot, as it's such a good cause.
The photo at the top is of a few of us after the show, hence the random bits of costume that we have left on, and unfortunately it's a little bit blurred (it was taken on an iphone!)
I would love all of you to watch a video that Jolene made and was played at the start of our show.
I just watched it again, and I think it says it all really. I'm so glad to have raised money for such a worthy charity.
Much Love
x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment